Treating Chronic Conditions,
Sore Muscles and Pain
Address the causes and symptoms of chronic pain so it is gone for good.
Chronic pain is debilitating and affects its sufferer everyday. So many people learn to live with ongoing conditions that impact their physical body, but also ultimately reduce their energy levels and lower overall life satisfaction.
Chronic conditions, pain, and a sore, stiff body should not be synonymous with aging or injury.
Our bodies are programmed to heal. Mitigating factors, such as poor circulation, scar tissue, inflammation, and even stress can interfere with our body’s natural ability to heal itself after an illness or injury.
For Seniors, the "silver years" can still be vital ones. With the daily stresses of work and young family life behind you, retirement presents an opportunity to embrace one’s own personal ambitions and enjoyments, such as dancing, gardening, cruising, involvement in the arts, and much more. This is not a time to be held back by injuries or ailments like high blood pressure, “bad” knees, fibromyalgia, arthritis, etc.
Near infrared light therapy is the science of photo-bio-modulation. It uses invisible, near infrared wavelengths between 700 and 1200 nanometres (nm) to deliver energy to the cells, stimulating healing and relieving pain. Infrared light therapy has been proven effective by thousands of studies all over the world, is 100% natural, and has no known adverse side effects.
Infrared lights, like those used at Thrive, penetrate well into the sub-cutaneous layers of the body's tissue, delivering vital nutrients to injured cells anywhere in the body.
But how does light decrease pain, improve cellular functioning, and enhance mobility?
Visible red and invisible near infrared light is absorbed by photo-receptors in each cell. Once absorbed, the light energy kicks off a whole series of metabolic events, stimulating the body’s natural processes on a cellular level. There is an increase in blood flow, allowing the parts of the body to receive the oxygen and nutrients they need in order to function more effectively. With the introduction of light energy, the body has the ability to heal itself naturally.
Approved for use by the following governing bodies:
The Science behind Quantum Photobiomodulation Therapy?
Light energy stimulates the release of nitric oxide from hemoglobin into the blood stream. Nitric oxide enriched blood promotes vasodilation of the walls of the blood vessels, thereby lowering blood pressure and increasing blood flow. Enhanced blood flow leads to improved tissue oxygenation, stimulating cellular healing.
Is it painful?
No. Some clients report increased sensation in the treatment area for up to 48 hours after their session. This is especially true for clients using this therapy to rebuild nerves as circulation is restored to the area.
What results can I expect?
Everyone responds differently to photobiomodulation therapy. It really depends on what we are treating. For example, chronic back pain can be dramatically improved in as little as two treatments, while scar and age spot reduction can take longer before they have disappeared.
Client's can expect the following benefits:
- Increased circulation
- Reduced inflammation
- Tissue/Cellular regeneration
- A reduction in pain
How Do I know if I could benefit from this Therapy?
Quantum Photobiomodulation is for you if:
- You have a chronic condition or injury that never seems to heal completely.
- You are taking prescribed or over-the-counter medication to control pain and want to try something else.
- You have suffered a recent injury, such as a fracture, sprain, or soft-tissue damage.
- You have suffered a movement related injury (whip-lash).
- You are lacking in energy, having trouble sleeping, or waking without feeling rested.
- You want to improve the look of scarred or injured tissue.
- You want to support your current weight loss/management goals by increasing lymphatic drainage.
- You are a migraine sufferer.
- You like the idea of acupuncture, acupressure, physiotherapy, reflexology, or massage therapy to support healing but found one or more of these service has not helped or actually increased your pain and discomfort.
- You want a naturally effective way to reduce fine lines, age spots, skin discolouration, under eye circles/puffiness, and more.
- You are starting to notice your hair is thinning and would like to restore a full, healthy head of hair.