Open Sore Injuries, Degenerative Conditions, and Poor Circulation
Restore your body's own ability to heal and regain wellness.
When wounds occur, the body is supposed to heal by generating new "healthy" cellular tissue. Poor circulation, such as that seen in diabetic patients, and scar tissue can slow and even halt this vital process. When wounds don't heal, inflammation and pain may stay present at the site and tissue decay, such as gangrene, becomes a concern.
The body uses photon energy (light) to activate its inherent healing mechanisms that must be present for effective healing. Near infrared light therapy is the science of photo-bio-modulation. It uses invisible, near infrared wavelengths between 700 and 1200 nanometres (nm) to deliver energy to the cells, stimulating healing and relieving pain. Infrared light affect at least 24 positive changes at the cellular level. These changes are the result of the release of nitric oxide and the increase of ATP production (Dr. Mittiga, 2017).
Infrared light therapy has been proven effective by thousands of studies all over the world, is 100% natural, and has no known adverse side effects. In addition to near infrared light, clinical trials support the use of red and blue LEDs to aid the treatment of:
Infrared lights, like those used at Thrive, penetrate well into the sub-cutaneous layers of the body's tissue, delivering vital nutrients to injured cells anywhere in the body.
But how does light decrease pain, improve cellular functioning, and enhance mobility?
Visible red and invisible near infrared light is absorbed by photo-receptors in each cell. Once absorbed, the light energy kicks off a whole series of metabolic events, stimulating the body’s natural processes on a cellular level. There is an increase in blood flow, allowing the parts of the body to receive the oxygen and nutrients they need in order to function more effectively. With the introduction of light energy, the body has the ability to heal itself naturally.
Approved for use by the following governing bodies:
The Science behind Quantum Photobiomodulation Therapy?
Light energy stimulates the release of nitric oxide from hemoglobin into the blood stream. Nitric oxide enriched blood promotes vasodilation of the walls of the blood vessels, thereby lowering blood pressure and increasing blood flow. Enhanced blood flow leads to improved tissue oxygenation, stimulating cellular healing.
Is it painful?
No. Some clients report increased sensation in the treatment area for up to 48 hours after their session. This is especially true for clients using this therapy to rebuild nerves as circulation is restored to the area.
What results can I expect?
Everyone responds differently to photobiomodulation therapy. It really depends on what we are treating. For example, chronic back pain can be dramatically improved in as little as two treatments, while scar and age spot reduction can take longer before they have disappeared.
Client's can expect the following benefits:
- Increased circulation
- Reduced inflammation
- Tissue/Cellular regeneration
- A reduction in pain
How Do I know if I could benefit from this Therapy?
Quantum Photobiomodulation is for you if:
- You have a chronic condition or injury that never seems to heal completely.
- You are experiencing numbness, pain, or other symptoms of neuropathy.
- You have a degenerative condition like arthritis, fibromyalgia, or osteoporosis.
- You are taking prescribed or over-the-counter medication to control pain and want to try something else.
- You have suffered a recent injury, such as a fracture, sprain, or soft-tissue damage.
- You have suffered a movement related injury (whip-lash).
- You are lacking in energy, having trouble sleeping, or waking without feeling rested.
- You have suffered a brain related injury such as a concussion or other form of traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- You would like to increase blood flow to the hippocampus to support Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD).
- You want to improve the look of scarred or injured tissue.
- You want to support your current weight loss/management goals by increasing lymphatic drainage.
- You are a migraine sufferer.
- You like the idea of acupuncture, acupressure, physiotherapy, reflexology, or massage therapy to support healing but found one or more of these service has not helped or actually increased your pain and discomfort.
- You want a naturally effective way to reduce fine lines, age spots, skin discolouration, under eye circles/puffiness, and more.
- You are starting to notice your hair is thinning and would like to restore a full, healthy head of hair.