Enhanced Muscular Conditioning
and Work-Out Recovery
Improve your physical conditioning and achieve dramatic results in even your most troublesome areas.
By using electro-muscular technology to target and isolate your muscles, you can acheive increased tone and definition anywhere on your body.
Electro-Muscular Stimuation (EMS) has been adopted by NASA to quickly and easily rehabiliate astronaut's muscules in order to counter the muscle degenerating effects of time spent at the International Space Station (a zero gravity environment).
Originally developed in this capacity by Soviet scientists and applied by elite athletes in the 1960s, EMS has been scientifically proven to build muscle tone in the same way as strength training, only faster and safer.
Approved for use by the following governing bodies:
How is it faster?
There is no wasted effort on the athlete's part. Each session is perfectly designed to work the targeted muscle(s) to optimal capacity. Although the sessions are short (only 18 minutes), the muscle(s) will be perfectly trained using a contraction and relaxation format that is much faster and more intense than traditional strength training.
How can an electrical current be safer than weight lifting and traditional strength training?
When you move, your brain sends an impulse to the muscles necessary to complete that movement. During EMS training, a similar current is applied to specific muscles causing them to contract in a natural way. Approved for theraputic and training purposes by the FDA and Health Canada, it is perfectly safe and often perscribed for the following treatments:
- Relaxation of muscle spasms
- Prevention or rehabilitation of disuse atrophy
- Increasing local blood circulation
- Muscle re-education and specific training
- Immediate post-surgical stimulation
- Maintaining or increasing range of motion
Is it painful?
No. Some clients find it tickles and others say it feels "weird". Lactic acid is not generated in the muscles during treatment, so their is no pain or stiffness left after the session. Imagine doing 200-300, perfect to form, sit-ups in 18 minutes and having no soreness afterwards. With EMS, it's possible.
What results can I expect?
It depends on your current physical conditioning and your own objectives. Most people achieve at least one dress size shift after one treatment series (10 sessions). A shift in dress size can be up if you want to build larger muscle, or down, if you want to reduce or tone a longer, leaning looking body.
Measurable results (usually 2-4 inches) can be seen after the very first treatment, however 10 sessions are necessary to establish muscle memory and create lasting results.
How Do I know if I could benefit from this Therapy?
Electro-Muscular Stimulation is for you if:
- You are reasonably fit but have one or more "problem area(s)" where you don't seem to achieve the results you desire even after targeted training.
- You used to be in shape but life, or family, or work, or an injury has gotten in the way of regular work outs.
- You hate working out, but you want to stay fit looking.
- You are an athlete and you want to acheive that "edge" in your training.
- You just had a baby and you want your body back, fast.
- You are a model/actor/performer and you need your training to be super efficient.
- You have never been in shape, but this is going to be your year to get fit.
- You are going on vacation and want to look slimmer/more toned in your bathing suit.
- You have to look your best, and fast!